“Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious! Don’t believe me ask the dishes!”
I’m not going to lie, when I first started looking at our menu for Beauty and the Beast and I saw there was a recipe for “The Grey Stuff” it didn’t look very appetizing. But after looking at the copycat recipe from Disneyworld I was excited to try it. It is very similar to a dirt cup recipe with just a few differences. I need to work on my picture taking skills but here is the recipe we used. The only think I had a problem with was I didn’t crush the Oreo’s enough so it didn’t come out of the piping very well. So make sure they are extremely fine.
The Grey Stuff
- 1 (3.4 oz) package of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 15 Oreos
- 8 ounces of Cool Whip
- 2 Tablespoons Instant Chocolate Pudding
- Pearl Sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place Oreos in a food processor and blend until they become crumbs. Make sure they are extremely fine.
- Mix the crushed Oreos in with the pudding mixture and mix well.
- Fold in Cool Whip and chocolate pudding mix until well combined and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, place “grey stuff” in a piping bag and add a dollop to the middle and then pipe a spiral around it. Top with sprinkles.