Spencer does not typically like Asian inspired food if it is from a restaurant. After 4 years of marriage I can still hardly ever get him to go. So when he suggested having Stir fry one day I was completely shocked. Now with saying that it took us probably around 4-5 attempts before we found one he likes and it is one we kinda put together ourselves after putting a few different ones together. I’ve had a lot of friends ask for our recipe so I thought I’d go ahead and share it here.
Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
- 1lb Chicken, cut into bite size pieces. About 1 in.
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup sugar snaps
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- onion powder to taste
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp oil
- Mix minced garlic, onion powder and chicken. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in skillet on medium high heat. Cook chicken til done and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil on medium heat and cook vegetables til soft.
- Mix teriyaki, soy, and vinegar in bowl. Mix conrstarch in water to dissolve and then stir into sauce mix.
- Combine chicken, vegetables, and sauce and heat through. Serve over rice.
Hope ya’ll enjoy the recipe as much as we do!